Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Monte Kaolino

Our new friends invited us to go with them to one of the local attractions here. It is a well known activity park about 20 minutes from our house, called Monte Kaolino. They have all kinds of things to do; swimming, high ropes course, Segway tours, mini golf, beach volleyball, summer roller coaster etc. , but the main attraction is Sand Skiing. I have never seen anything like it - it is really cool! Basically, they turned the unusable sand from a Quarry into a huge Mountain for sand skiing, snowboarding and sledding.  People have been skiing on this "mountain" since the 1950's. We had a great day, and will definitely go back often. It is really fun seeing all that our new area has to offer!
Camden and I heading up on the Sommerrodelbahn (summer roller coaster)

This picture came out really cool - I love the clouds!!!

Bailey and Mia getting ready to head up!

Many turns throughout the way!

A fun water park with slides and diving boards...


We all climbed up to the top of the "Sand Mountain" 

It was a long way up!

The views were pretty!!!

Way above the trees!

Part of the water park...

At the top of the mountain, you could see where they still have a working Kaolino Rock Quarry. From what I understand, they use the rock to make porcelain...

Sledders heading down the hill.... Very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment