Saturday, December 6, 2014

Our little Christmas Market

I told Bryan the other day, that if this town that we live in had been the first town we had moved to in Germany, we probably would have been enamored. It really is a cute little town, with lots of potential. They have a cute little Christmas Market (little being an understatement) in the Market square. We live quite a bit closer to the Market square here, so we found ourselves at the Christmas market several nights last week.  One night, St. Nikolas was there and he brought treats for the kids (he also came to our house and delivered a few candy and chocolate items on the 6th - the tradition is that the kids lay their boots outside and in the morning, they are filled with little sweets and nuts). The best thing is that like everything else here, it is very reasonable to buy food and drinks (which allows you to go a lot more often then if it cost and arm and a leg). The Christmas market definitely helps to get into the Christmas spirit :-)

Christmas stands filled with goodies

St. Nikolas

They handed out treats to the younger kids - very sweet!

This was funny... Mia and I shared a 1/2 meter long Bratwurst for dinner (I have to add that the the bratwurst was only 3.50 - and it was probably the best one that I have had in Germany). The bread was an entire baguette!

They have a beautiful huge Christmas tree in the middle!

It definitely feels "Christmassy"! 

Mia and I baked sugar cookies one afternoon


She loves to cook/bake!

And the tree makes the house smell so good!

And makes it feel like Christmas is finally here!

No comments:

Post a Comment