Monday, January 4, 2016

Boleslawiec, Poland


After leaving Berlin, we drove 2 hours South East to Boleslawiec, Poland. Bryan and the kids treated me to some pottery for my Christmas Present (along with a georgous card that said that nobody would nag or complain while I shopped :-)). The. best. gift. I was able to get some mismatched desert plates that go with my mismatched dinner plates - which make it look like one big mismatched table setting (and I absolutely love it :-)). We also went into an Antique shop in the town, where I was able to buy a beautiful German Christmas Pyramid for a song (ok, I'm not sure if it was actually made in Germany (or even Europe for that matter), but lets just go with that ok? I will forever cherish this piece of handcrafted beauty ;-).

Image result for german christmas pyramid
This is just a stock photo of what a "Christmas Pyramid" looks like, but mine looks quite similar

 

The gorgeous sunrise as we head to Poland (notice the road is perfect - the Autobahn in Germany is always pristine! As we crossed into Poland, it was nothing but bumps and potholes for a long stretch.

Got the obligatory photo of the EU border crossing sign - "Republik Polen" (Republic of Poland) 

Our GPS always takes us interesting ways - you never know what you might see! Never in my life did I think I would one day be driving with my family of 5 through the back roads of Poland!!!

Looked a bit like a Modern Cross, but we weren't quite sure???

The town of Boleslawiec is known for its Polish Pottery (I have written an entire post about it before, but it is well known among American Expats - so funny!). Our car even found a friend along the way (a matching American Honda with more bored teenagers in the back :-)) Bailey likes the Pottery, but the other 2... not so much!

I enjoyed the trip thoroughly ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment