The time seems to be flying by. I can't believe November is over and Christmas is almost here! It is crazy! I wish some of the festivities of Thanksgiving and Christmas could be spread more evenly throughout the year, but I guess that is all part of the fun of it! Here are a few pictures from our Month (including a gazillion photos from the original German Christmas Market... :-))
 |
| Camden dragged me to a Turkey Trot 5k on the base, on a rainy and cold Saturday morning. I was actually quite impressed with his motivation! |
 |
| Trophies and Turkeys! |
 |
| I love to run, but am NOT a fast runner, so I was SHOCKED to win second place (ok... to keep it real, I still had a slow time and it WAS the Senior division ...but I was happy none-the-less :-) |
 |
| We had a fun time with friends at the "Lichthof" in Bamberg |
 |
| Here is photo that Mia sent to me when she was "babysitting" Frank. He spilled all of his food on the floor - his little expression says, "Yea... this happened, but I can't stress about it" Looks quite guiltyif you ask me :-) |
 |
| Mia made pom poms for her slippers - Youtube crafts is the ultimate in entertainment for her :-) |
 |
| We had Thanksgiving at our house... |
 |
| Our good friends from Hong Kong... |
 |
| Czech and Australia celebrated with us! |
 |
| And our table cloth of thanks is pretty much packed fulll - not many more years left on this one! |
 |
| And crazy enough - the 1st of Advent is already here! Germans celebrate Advent in a big way! |
 |
| Mia with a German Kinder egg! Illegal in the U.S. (for safety reasons) , but cherished by kids in Germany! |
 |
| We are extremely goofy! We decided that we look alike (with the exception that I don't have flawless skin or shiny healthy hair - oh yeah - I have a few extra wrinkles too :-))- what do you think??? |
 |
| Yes - this is the one and only family photo that I was able to get! I tried to be a bit artistic, but not quite sure it worked! |
 |
| We went to Dresden (located near the Polish Border)... |
 |
| to the famous Christmas Market... |
 |
| German Christmas Markets... |
 |
| are famous, but the Dreden Christmas Market.... |
 |
| is REALLY famous... |
 |
| because it is the OLDEST Christmas Market in Germany.... |
 |
| around a mere 500 years old!!! |
 |
| It is definitely my favorite .... |
 |
| Christmas Market .... |
 |
| So far!... |
 |
| so much character.... |
 |
| so adorable... |
 |
| so cozy (even though it is very cold)... |
 |
| so traditional (this iswhat they call a Pyramid)... |
 |
| Not sure if you can make this out, but it is a Nativity seen built from wood... |
 |
| Almost looks fake - it is so adorable... |
 |
| and always completely bustling though the Advent Season.. |
 |
| The Market is called the "Striezelmarkt" |
 |
| a bit cold! (My oldest 2 (for whatever reason) refuse to wear normal winter coats and hats. Mia being "German" has no problem with it - not quite sure why, but the struggle is real!!!! :-) |
 |
| so adorable... |
 |
| love these 3! |
 |
| Love these 4 too! |
 |
| and this one too! |
 |
| Definitely gets you in the spirit of Christmas!! |
 |
| Where to next? |
 |
| Happy First Advent!!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment