Sunday, April 16, 2017

Emptying my phone...

I have been so slack with updates...we have been busy with school, work, vacation, soccer, celebrations, and just life in general. I am still feeling like life is flying by way too fast this year. Here are some pictures of our last month...

We always joke that when we drive to Bamberg, the weather gets nicer. It is ironically almost 100% of the time that it is cloudy in Amberg, but Sunny in Bamberg. So... Bryan and I were heading to Bamberg one rainy morning and we saw this... We literally got so see not only a double rainbow, but the end of a rainbow too- so neat!!!

This was a while ago, but the count down is still on...

Soccer Season is in full swing. Bailey heads to Italy next weekend for a tournament


Bailey's team - such great girls!!!


Go Vilseck!

Bailey won the 2nd place scholarship in the European Veterans of Foreign Wars essay contest! Camden won 3rd place in the local contest. So proud of them!!!

I had to chuckle at this one...my German friend sent me a picture of this on my phone... Her son just turned 16 and after school, he was so excited to walk to the store with his friends to legally buy his first beer (so funny!!) The guy buying the Red bull wasn't quite 16 yet :-)

This was funny too...

And this was my nightmare weekend (even though we made the best of it). I was supposed to go with friends to the Isalnd of Vulcano (off of Sicily) for a long weekend. My friend and I got stuck in the Munich airport for 24 hours when our flight was delayed. While we were at the airport, trying to make the best out of a bad situation - meanwhile our friends were waiting for us in Catania...

This is the photo they sent (if you look close, you can see Etna - the active volcano - off in the distance)

and then... Mia was at home with Bryan and sent me a picture of her strawberry that she carved into a Rose (her love of crafting is definitely real!!!) She is addicted to youtube crafting videos (out of control :-))

then the girls in Sicily sent another picture of Etna...

And then, I headed home to Amberg (sadly after the delay, I had to cancel my trip), but my friend was going for the entire week, so they forged ahead with a stop to the Island of Vulcano...

At the top of the rim, you can look down into the crater

Vulcanic ash....

They even had natural mud baths and Thermal waters from the Volcanic heat... So that was my vacation that never was!!! Maybe someday...

After I got back from my 24 hour fiasco at the airport... here is a neat picture that was taken of  Camden playing...
 
Bryan, Mia, and I went to a cool animal park, where the deer just walk around free (and you can feed them). This picture almost looks fake...


They were so sweet though, and definitely used to humans

so gentle! They would eat right out of your hand...

This little guy really took to Mia (which was so nice for her because she always thinks that animals don't like her)

They were all just kind of walking around and happy to get some treats (but not aggressive at all)


I learned something new... There is a "Season" where frogs literally cross the road to breed. They go back to their same ancestral ponds year after year during a certain time - pretty amazing. "Kroten Wandern" means Frogs wandering...

Here is another sign warning people to watch out for the frogs... Gotta love the Germans for watching out for the frogs :-)

Bailey and I drove to Dresden during her Springbreak - it was her first experience driving on the autobahn - yikes!!!

Windmills, as seen from the Autobahn...

...and we loved this...It is a dog resting place that Ikea has, so dogs are welcome to come chill while their parents shop :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment