Thursday, December 26, 2013
12 Days of Christmas
Merry Christmas! I hope everyone had a wonderful day. We had a very nice day. For me, it seemed like Christmas flew by this year. I'm not sure if it was because I was working, but there just didn't seem to be enough days (or time) to take it all in. Yesterday was the "2nd day of Christmas" here, and I chuckled as I was running at 8:30 am through the streets of Bamberg. In this city of 70,000 people, I saw only 5 cars, 1 biker, and 3 walkers - everyone was still very much in the spirit of Christmas. No shopping, no errands, no activities, just a second day to be with family or friends - Very nice. There will be the feeling of Christmas right through to Jan. 6 (Epiphany). The 3 Kings will come and bless our house with incense and then the next day the decorations will come down. I grew up singing the very traditional 12 days of Christmas song, but now it makes much more sense....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment