| Mia's little Snowman - all alone,and not realizing by the end of the day he would be a flat little guy :-( |
Friday, February 14, 2014
No Winter
It has been such a funny winter for us, in that we really haven't had a winter. I keep thinking that it is still going to come, but we have had unseasonably warm weather with a total of 1/2 inch of snow (at most). If you drive south to the Alps, they have received quite a bit, but not here in Bamberg. A few weeks ago, I looked out the window at 6:00am to see that we had a blanket of snow (the 1/2 inch that I mentioned). Mia and I got all dressed up (not realizing it was only 1/2 inch) and went outside to shovel our sidewalk. From my shoveling, we were able to make a small pile of snow to build a snowman (Thank you so much Mom for the snowman kit - it is always so cute). So, we built it strategically on the corner of our house, so that we could brighten the day of people passing by. By the end of the day, it was a lone lump of snow, with a melted body - but you could still make out that it was a snowman at one time. Sunny, 50 degree weather is so unusual for us in February. Like I said, I think the winter must be coming still - maybe it is just a little late this year :-).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment