In May, thanks to a friend, I discovered some new cool antique, or as Bryan calls them "junk", shops around here. It is really fun to go into these shops and try to find "treasures" for next to nothing. My idea of a "treasure" is definitely not everybody's, but I have had a great time looking. Bryan is always very patient and doesn't roll his eyes too much at what I bring home. Here are some of my May "treasures"...
 |
| This is a cool little religious sign made out of wax... |
 |
| Our new "trough" :-) |
 |
| No- we didn't buy a house, but in one of the villages we shopped in was this cool building. The attention to detail is incredible. They definitely don't make them like that anymore! |
 |
| You don't even want to know what the original use for this wooden thing is (truly - you don't). I thought it was cool though, and for the equivalent of 14 dollars, it is our new coffee table :-) |
 |
| I love this little bottle crate. They still use bottles like this here now, but the crates are no longer made of wood. |
 |
| A dinner bell/door bell. One of Mia's best friends has this type of bell for her front door (instead of an electric door bell). I have always loved it and was so happy to find one too. |
 |
| They always have this type of decorative mismatched plates. I love them! |
 |
| This is one of my favorites (I didn't buy this, but my friend gave it to me). Stammtisch is a word that mean the "table for regulars". Picture the TV show Cheers, when everyone yells, "Norm" whenever Norm walks in the room. It is almost a sign of respect (in a German retaurant, no one except the regulars would sit at the Stammtisch table). It hangs near our Kitchen table :-) - I guess we are the regulars :-) |
No comments:
Post a Comment