Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Congratulations Mia!!!

After a year full of studying and tests, we got the official word that Mia qualifies for the Gymnasium (the school that is on the university track in Germany). She has really had to work hard. I am so proud of her, especially because she has had to do almost all of the learning, memorizing, and really just about everything on her own. I can't edit her papers, I can't help her with forming the past participle of the German perfect tense. I can't help her to conjugate irregular verbs. I can't correct her when she makes a mistake in her speaking. I can't really help her with much at all - She has really had to do it all by herself.  More than likely, we won't be here long enough for her to attend a German University (which pretty much stinks - because it is an excellent education and best of all it is free!). And of course, just because you are accepted to the Gymnasium, it does not guarantee your spot anyway - you can always get moved down to a lower school if you don't keep your grades up. For now atleast though, I know she will receive a very high level education and we could not be more happy for her. Congratulations Xuey!!! Your hard work paid off!

I smile when I see her art work - definitely a gift from her birth family :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment