Monday, December 14, 2015

Busy Weekend

We had a fun weekend. Friday night was a home Basketball game and we went to watch Bailey Cheer (and of course to watch the games). Bailey's team had a cute new dance for the halftime show and all of our teams won - so it was a lot of fun to watch!

We got home late, only to wake up early on Saturday and head right back to the school so that Bailey could take the ACT (she took the SAT last weekend - so she is really quite done with testing at this point). Mia's friends came over in the late morning and they all went together downtown to go Christmas shopping. This is where I get such a kick out of it. I think if you sent four 10 year olds into the city by themeselves in the U.S, the parents might get arrested. The girls were so cute though and spent 4 hours shopping (even going to a restaurant by themselves :-)). I did make my way down in the middle of it, to peak in on them - they were absolutely adorable (and so responsible too!). After she and her friends came home, Bryan and I went up to the top of the Mountain in our town to a cute little weekend Christmas Market that they had. It was so quaint (I love the little ones). Lots of homemade items for sale and of course Bratwurst and Gluhwein too. The only thing missing was snow (it has been unusually warm here for this time of year). Later that night, I went to a German/American Dinner. It was the first time I had done something like that here and I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Very interesting conversation and very interesting people for sure.

On Sunday, Bryan and I went to a small Christmas Market about 30 minutes away from here (Mia had informed us that she had been outside "the entire day" before and that she just wanted a lazy day - so she didn't join us :-). Of course Bailey and Camden had other agendas too. Sometimes we can get them to join us, but not too often :-) We laughed and saw a quick glimpse into our future as just the 2 of us are doing things more and more - I do miss the the kids hanging out with us, but it is also nice with just the 2 of us. In the evening we went back down into the city for dinner at the main Christmas Market - it was packed with people - but so festive! Somehow I wish the Christmas Season extended into February - then it would be perfect....
Bailey :-)

I love watching Basketball!

Mia and her friends. I was able to get a quick picture when I checked in on them :-) They all had their pocketbooks and umbrellas with them - so German :-)


At the top of the Mountain was the cutest little Christmas Market


You could hear the bells ringing off in the forest and then the horse and carriage appeared carrying the kids :-)

The Maria Hilfberg Church is always lit up, but with the Market there, made it extra special

Lots of fire and candles...

Gluhwein (hot mulled wine) cooking in the kettle

so pretty!


And as we were leaving....

the little Chapel was lit with Candles

beautiful!!!

And then we walked back down the Mountain in the quiet darkness. Like I said - all that was missing was snow :-)


This is the cute little Christmas Market in Schwandorf 

I'm not even sure what this is called - but it was delicious (some time of Turkish bread, meat, sauce and spices) 

Tiny, but adorable!

Definitely traditional!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment