Forgive me in advance Mom and Dad for posting this. I couldn't resist! Each week Mia does an art class via Face Time with my parents. She carefully gives them supply instructions in advance and then gives them specific step by step instructions as they create "the craft of the week". She absolutely loves it - it is one of the things she says she might like to do one day (to be an art teacher). Because of the time change and schedules, my parents have to wake up early and they often drink their morning coffee as they are crafting. It might be because they were half asleep (or it might be that they just didn't listen carefully enough :-)), but Mom and Dad - we will give you the benefit of the doubt that you were just half asleep :-)). Anyway, Mia carefully told them how to cut the paper and both of them totally did it the wrong way. They both proudly held up their scorned projects at the same time, not knowing they had messed up - it was so funny! I am sure it was one of those things that you probably had to be there - but it was so funny to us, that I had to take pictures :-).... The pictures will tell the story :-)
 |
Mia gave them very specific instructions ....You had to cut the paper, so that the slits were only in the middle and the ends were still solid ....but they both failed miserably and not knowing yet, they held up their scorned projects proudly at exactly the same time :-)
|
 |
| I don't often see my Dad with a deep belly laugh - so we had to get proof - notice Mia's laughing in the top left corner :-) |
 |
| Yep - "I totally screwed up and here is my pile of trash" (notice my Mom shying away - wanting nothing to do with the photo of shame :-) |
 |
| But in the end - the finished products were quite nice! I love watching Mia give my parents weekly art lessons! |
 |
| And there she is - the proud teacher!!! (Even though it was touch and go for a while - the Chinese Lanterns were a success!) |
No comments:
Post a Comment