We celebrated Thanksgiving early this year. Mia has School on Thursday and a big English Test (the first one of the year) on Friday. The English Test is not such a big deal for her (although - she still has to study ;-)), but being that we invited her friends to Thanksgiving, we had to consider that they would not be able to come on Thusday because they would all be studying too. And so.... yesterday, we celebrated early and had 20 people come to our house for Thanksgiving! I have mentioned before that I am not a great cook, nor am I usually a happy cook, but for one day a year - I really do enjoy cooking! I think it is always fun to share our Holiday with people that don't know it. Our friends' young daughter asked if you receive gifts on Thanksgiving and I was quick to chime in that No - that is the beauty of Thanksgiving! It is my favorite Holiday for just that reason!! Simply to give thanks and appreciataion for those near and far that make life so good! Hope you all have a Wonderful Thanksgiving too!
 |
| Mia made place tags... With so many people in such a small space - we had to carefully plan it out :-) |
 |
| Yes - she was definitely excited to have all of her friends come! She played bartender once our guests arrived. She made a drink menu and everything! |
 |
| Such yummy food. I don't know if I have ever cooked for 20 people by myself before. I had no idea exactly how much to cook. We made 2 Turkeys just in case and luckily we will be eating leftovers all week long! (One of our favorite things about Thanksgiving dinner is the leftovers!) |
 |
| I think (hope) everyone had a lot of fun! |
 |
| And I know the kids had a blast! |
 |
| And like always - we are so glad we have our little table cloth tradition. It is 15 years old now - so fun reading and remembering all of those past Thanksgivings with friends and loved ones! |
No comments:
Post a Comment