Thursday, January 12, 2017

Random January Pics...

Mia and I went to Bamberg for part of the week - it snowed a few days - so pretty! (if you look close, you can see the snow flakes falling)

And the 3 kings were out blessing homes on Jan. 6th (adorable!)

It was so cold - even the river began to freeze a bit

Beautiful!

Our new Milk Station - open 24 hours - so cute!!!! ("Tankstelle is the word for gas station in German)

You bring your own container (or you can buy one there). You put in however much money that you would like, and the machine fills it up to that amount.

too easy!

And the cows are righ next o the farm stand, so you know it is fresh!


Adorable! And so nice that it is the honor system with the milk jugs, honey, jam etc. that they have for sale. They just have a little jar for your money to go in. You can see the barn in the back ground.

I brought my phone to take pictures on my run one morning in our city...

so pretty!

My rave run!  (Rave run is a column in Runner's world each Month that shows you cool runs throughout the world :-))

And I don't really post too much about Bailey, but she is really enjoying her Senior Year. She is away in Prague (Czech Republic) this week for the Model UN. She called us this morning to face time and said that the people on her committee are from Russia, Egypt, Turkey, Czech etc..  Very interesting to hear such different views of  our world problems! She is having a great time!   One more exciting thing - she finally got her License!!! She had to actually take 2 different exams (one to drive here in Germany). So many neat things happening this year for sure!!! We love you B!

And my upside down picture of  a part of Mia's homework :-). She came home yesterday asking if I knew what the word "keen" in English meant. I thought that was a funny word for 6th grade German kids to learn in English. They do such a good job with language! On a funny note, her friends all piled in to our house this morning to walk to school together. The funny thing is that Bryan and Camden were delayed 2 hours because of snow - but Mia still had a normal day, as the Germans never delay school. Such a different world!

And since I mentioned the other 2, I thought I'd mention this little guy as well! We left almost all of our old photos back in the U.S. in storage at Bryan's Parents' House. This was taken before digital (you remember way back in the day when we had film cameras that you had to get developed - yikes!). Anyway, this was one that Bryan sent to me when he was back in the U.S. with Bailey. Crazy to think that Camden was once this small (don't you love the bowl cut! Ha :-) I truly adore this guy who is now much taller than I am!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment