Sunday, February 5, 2017

Winter!!

The part of Winter that I love is the snow, ice, snow days, skiing, sledding, skating etc... I am not a fan of gloomy and cold snowless days, but when you add the snow - the outdoor activities are endless! As I write this, most of our snow is gone (and we are back to gloomy, snowless days), but for a good 3-4 weeks, it has been lots of fun! Bailey and Camden have have had lots of  2 hour delays and early releases.  Mia's school even shockingly closed for the day (one day) - which has NEVER happened since we have lived here! It has been great!

This is "Flakey" - our newest snowman

Flakey basking in the snow!

Mia and I went skiing in a neighboring town. She gets to go with her class skiing for a week in the Italian Alps (yes - such a rough life!!!)- so I wanted to give her some practice before they go!

We met some friends at this really cool area in upper Franconia. There are tons of hiking trails and a few restaurants hidden up thoughout the trails...

We hiked up hike up the 900 meters in elevation with the sleds...

at the top was a "guest house" - restaurant with yummy German food

The kids played for hours at the top....

They built an "igloo fort"

There were tons of other paths that led in all directions....

There were several people with the same idea (I love the wooden sleds :-))

The kids had a blast!

They were so proud of their efforts!

...and then the fun part at the end....

sledding down the long way back...

such a pretty day!!


The kids loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment