Monday, April 8, 2013

Happy Gotcha Day (a little belated :-))

I didn't take any photos on Gotcha Day, but went back and found this one from our trip to Ireland....
Last Friday was our Family "Gotcha Day." Gotcha Day is the anniversary of the day we first held Mia in our arms. I try to make it more of a family day - just because it is a special day in many ways for all of us. Most of all, it was the first day that our family was complete. Shockingly, I did not take any photos from this years'  Gotcha Day, but we did celebrate with a little Chinese take out, fortune cookies, and as always, watched videos from the original "Gotcha Day." It has kind of become our little tradition. What was especially funny, was I definitely realized I need to update my wardrobe a little bit, as I was wearing the exact same jeans last Friday, as I was the day that I met Mia for the first time - 7 years ago :-) We all laughed a little at that :-) Anyway, really, for us, Gotcha day is a great reminder of how happy and lucky we are to go through this journey of life together. I think living in a foreign country has made our family bond pretty tight - and I am so grateful to have all of these guys in my life!!!! Happy Gotcha Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment