Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Depends on what you like....

I had a really funny conversation yesterday with a German Lady. She was telling me how she does not like Germany and wishes she could move somewhere else for a while. She further explained, that she does not like all of the orderliness of living here. She gave the example of the after 10 rule (which basically states that quiet hours outside are from 10:00pm to 7:00am). The rules are created to prevent irritation in close living quarters and not to disturb others. It is really funny, because I think the exact opposite. I think one of the reasons we like it so much here, is because everything is very predictable. People know the rules, they follow the rules and in my eyes - everything works out beautifully. I also agree with the rules that they have (in that they make perfect sense to me). It just strikes me funny how people like different things and ways. I suspect, if she moved to Italy, she might quickly yearn for that German orderliness :-) Maybe not though - who knows???

No comments:

Post a Comment