Sunday, August 10, 2014

Postcards

I probably have already done a post about this, but if I have, I have to mention it again - sorry :-). Postcards are such a common thing around here. I love it! We have a mail slot in our door, and it seems like each day, I walk by and there is a postcard laying on the floor sent by one of our friends (mostly Mia's friends, really :-)). This is vacation time too - so that is why the postcard numbers have increased dramatically. I find it such a simple, yet thoughtful thing to do. Here people are, having a great time on vacation, yet they take the time to send a handwritten postcard to let you know that they are thinking of you. It reminds me of the old days before the internet and I just get the biggest kick out of it. So sweet!
 * as a side note too, when my kids were in the U.S. I asked them to send a postcard to my special 86 year old friend. He spoke to me about the postcards for days and wanted to know all about where they went and what they did. It meant the world to him - yet such a simple gesture on the kids part!
Lots of Postcards!!!
:

No comments:

Post a Comment