Sunday, February 22, 2015

Fasching Ferien

Europe just celebrated Fasching or as some countries call it, Carnival or as others call it, Mardi Gras. The best part is that with "Fasching" comes "Fasching Ferien" otherwise known as Winter Break. Mia had the week off last week, so she and I went to Bamberg and had a great time visiting friends. Bailey went to Wiesbaden for the week with her Cheerleading team for "Europeans" (I'll explain later in another post), and poor Camden had school and Bryan had work. They took the day off Friday though and we all traveled to Frankfurt together and then on to Wiesbasden for Bailey's Final Competition. It was such a nice week, and I think we were all dreading going back to "normal" this week :-). I have lots of pictures to post, but will begin with these two from before vacation...
Mia proudly built "snowy" the Snowman in our back yard

And a week later, Snowy died :-(. Unlike my parents, who have been hammered with snow (about 5 feet total so far this year). Our snow comes and goes. Poor snowy didn't stand a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment