Monday, February 2, 2015

Winter

It seems like this is the awkward time of year between the excitement of the Holidays and the anticipation of the Spring. We have had quite a bit of Snow (which I love, but Bryan doesn't so much). The best thing is that here, we will get snow and then it will all melt and then it will snow again... To me it is functions beautifully :-).  Luckily too, we have no plowing or shoveling responsibilities, so we can really just enjoy it!

I haven't posted much lately. The kids are all busy with school and sports (Camden is taking the Winter off , although he has been running with us a bit, which has been so nice). Bailey is Cheering for basketball and Mia is playing Tennis. The Semester just finished for Bailey and Camden (which is always a big relief). They both took a fairly heavy load this Semester with AP and Honors classes for Bailey and 2 High School Classes for Camden. It is so nice for them to be halfway done :-). Mia just received her "Middle of the year report card thingy", which is extremely important in 4th grade. I am super proud of her, but also there is a big stress to keep up the grades until the end of the year. I LOVE the German school system, but it also is very stressful on the kids (because the tests are hard, and only tests count toward your grade - which means you learn that you really have to study at an early age). Depending on the grades in 4th grade, students will go to 3 different types of schools next year for 5th grade - yes - quite stressful! . As a side note too, I passed my German Test - which I am very happy about. It doesn't mean too much with regard to every day life, but it is nice to have the B1 language certificate and also to have learned so much.
Mia and I walk to school each morning - it has been so fun walking in the snow!

Not too much snow, but just enough to make it fun (and pretty)

You can see all of the dog tracks from people that still have to walk their dogs - makes us smile each day

Mia had fun building a snow man in our little yard.

This is "Snowy" the Snowman. Adorable!!! Doesn't he look like a happy little fella :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment