Sunday, June 2, 2013

Monschau

Monschau is an adorable Medievel town that reminded me a little of Bamberg. The architecture was different though, in that the roofs weren't red. The center of town restricts driving, so we had to park outside, and walk into the village. Super cute!!!
The houses were so old, and had looked like they had shifted many times :-) The building in this photo looks like it is sinking....

View from the top of the town (notice the roofs aren't red)

Silly Camden

The river ran right through the middle of town

The car driving on the street was a local person - they had cameras for tourists violating the no driving rule...

I adore these 4 people!

We were in Monschau on Corpus Christi day (another day off when everything is closed except for restaurants and a few tourist shops). They were setting up the alter for an outside church service as we walked by.

I love the different materials (stone, cobblestone wood etc.) - so much character! I love these guys too :-)

So cute!

Even the fire department had character!

No comments:

Post a Comment