Thursday, June 27, 2013

More random photos...

Cam - strawberry picking - I think his belly was quite full by the time we left. We joked that instead of weighing the empty buckets on the way in to pick, they should weigh the people, and then weigh them on the way out too :-)

I think Bailey was just as full :-)

Silly Mia

I always fear those kids who think that you can't get hurt on a trampoline - CAMDEN!!!

My first ever, batch of Strawberry jam -Marmalade auf Deutsch


This was taken at a Mall in Frankfurt. They had all kinds of free kids activities set up that day. I smile at the lack of liability. If Mia were to tip over in the bucket, she would fall on cement - but there were no accidents at all :-)

Camden at a little air show that they had here in Bamberg

Mia in front of one of the gliders that always flies over Bamberg

Camden and Mia climbing at that same Mall in Frankfurt

Bowling! It is actually a little different than normal bowling. They call it Kegeln... Bryan and I bowl here with a really nice group of people each month - I am always the worst one!

Playing life size games at the Mall in Frankfurt

This one was a while back... We hiked on the border of Germany and Belgium. Using the GPS, we found the border marker (Bailey is standing on it). One side had a D for Deutschland, and the other a B for Belgium. We all stood with one foot in Germany and one in Belgium - kind of cool! Still grateful to be living on the German side of that border :-)

There are windmills everywhere here, but we had never stopped to walk under one (Camden had on a fieldtrip, but the rest of us hadn't). They are quite enormous, and provide fantastic renewable energy!

Between what seems to be millions of windmills and solar panels, Germany is trying to get rid of their nuclear plants and rely on renewable energy instead.... Such a progressive country!!


No comments:

Post a Comment