Sunday, June 23, 2013

Swans, and a little surprise..

Little family swimming along....

So cute!!!!

We couldn't quite figure out what the baby was doing underneath the Mommas wing...

Making his way up....

A great place to take a little rest - ride on his Mommas (or Daddy's) back - so sweet!!!
There is always one Swan swimming in the river near where we live. I always actually get mad at the Swan, because she bullies the ducks a bit when we are trying to feed them. When I was running the other day, I was crossing the bridge and looked over and saw TWO swans with a little puff ball of white (a baby Swan) swimming all together. My heart melted, and I had to stop to watch for a few minutes (a little sad that my family was not there to see and no camera to boot!) When Bryan got home that evening, Bryan, Bailey, Mia and I took off on our bikes to see if we could find the Swans again. We were in complete luck, as they hadn't moved far from where I had seen them 10 hours earlier! I had never seen a baby Swan, and it was so cool to see this in nature (not in a zoo or anything). We stood watching for about 20 minutes, when all of a sudden the baby, ducked into the wing of the Swan (either his Mom or Dad), and climbed on top of her/him to get a ride on his back. It was one of those priceless moments where it just makes you smile! It was nice to see this little Swan family hanging out together :-) - adorable!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment