Thursday, October 24, 2013
Something very special...
When I was in 3rd grade, I was matched with a "pen pal." My pen pal lived in California (which was really cool from my perspective, coming from a little town in Maine), and we would write back and forth often. It was not only often that we wrote back and forth, but we continued our pen pal friendship into adulthood. All of the milestones.... going into high school, graduating from high school, going off to college, graduating from college, working, getting married, having children etc. After all of those years of writing back and forth, we finally got to meet in person, for lunch one day, several years back in NYC. My mom, Bailey, Camden , and I spent a few days there, and she was married, without children (again living in a very cool place - NYC :-)). We continue today, keeping up with each other through Christmas cards and our blogs, but what I am super excited about is that now our kids have become Pen pals too. Her daughter was born a year or so before Mia came into our family, and I guess I had never put two and two together that they are the exact same age (because Mia was almost a year old when we traveled to China). Anyway.. to make a long story longer....Mia and "Julia" are both now in the 3rd grade (the exact same age we were, when we first started writing). Mia got her first letter yesterday, and was thrilled beyond words. Julia even sent her a homemade bracelet and described her life (family, school, where she lives etc). It makes me smile to think that our pen pal friendship has now extended to our kids. It is crazy for me to think that 32 years have passed since we first wrote!!! Something very Special...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment