Wednesday, March 4, 2015
Our morning conversation...
Mia and I were talking this morning about how funny it is that we pass the same people and cars every single day on the way to school. When you drive, you don't tend tend to notice this so much, but it is really interesting how each day seems a bit like "Groundhog Day" when you walk or ride bikes. It is so eerily consistent. There is the big truck parked facing towards the street that we pass - we wonder who the driver is sitting and waiting for? There is the same city bus that passes us at almost the exact location each morning - makes us laugh (we know we are right on time when we see it). There is the lady that we pass each morning who works at the car dealership (I happened to see her when I was there, and felt like I knew her, but of course didn't). There is the man that passes us on his bike each day (funny enough, we see him pass us on our way home too). There are the same older students walking to school with their group of friends. The same people waiting at the bus stop. The same Mother with a baby stroller walking her son to school. We see Mia's classmate zip by on his bike. It is really funny. When we bike, we go a different route and see a completely different group of people. The funniest, being the young couple in love that meet in the quietest part of our ride at the exact same location each day. I joke to Mia that she has to close her eyes real quickly :-). Bryan had the same experience when he used to ride the train to work. It is also quite interesting how even though you pass the same people every day, you don't say hi. It used to bother me, but I am quite used to it now. Funny, the conversations that happen on the way to school :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment