Thursday, March 19, 2015
Small World!!!
Sometimes in life there are such odd coincidences and it really makes you stop and think. One that always stands out to me is how; I am from Maine, Bryan is from Maryland, and we met in South Carolina....after dating for almost a month, we discovered that Bryan's Parents and my Dad went to High School together - and knew many of the same people - such a small world!!! I like to think of it as fate :-) Last night, we had another of those crazy coincidences... Like I mentioned in an earlier post, Mia is trying to choose which school she wants to to go to next year. They have started with the Open Houses and last night we attended the first one. The kids went off in groups as the parents sat and listened to various speakers. While my German is much better now than it was earlier, I still only take in about 75% of the information in a situation like this. The Director was telling us all about the various opportunities around the world for school exchanges (where kids travel for 2 weeks to a school and then that school comes here for 2 weeks). They mentioned France, Spain, China and then the U.S. I thought he said the state of Maine (but then I thought - no way - that is way too random). During the break, I spoke to one of the English Teachers and saw the picture display and sure enough - of all High Schools in the entire U.S. - the school does an exchange each year with Camden, Maine (not only the town that we got married in, but the town we named our son after). I think it must be fate once again :-). I was so impressed with the school and Mia loved it too. They showed the kids experiments using elements and fire (they took all of the finish off of a penny and turned it gold), we watched the older kids do a Unicycle Show using jump ropes and hula hoops (on a stage with no helmets by the way - gotta love the lack of liability in Germany :-)). It was one of those evenings where you were just so happy about the future :-) ...Now if she can just keep her grades up to get in to one of these schools :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment