Tuesday, March 17, 2015

What we've been up to...

When my kids were little, I used to take the time each month to write in a journal for each of them about what went on that month. With Bailey's book, there were lots of entries (years worth), Camden had many years too and then soon after Mia's arrival, we moved over here and I started this blog (and totally ditched the journal thing). We found the journal the other day and the kids enjoyed reading a bit about their young lives. It is funny now, because I feel like it is a bit of the opposite (I always post about Mia and her happenings and not so much of Bailey and Camden). They are teenagers and aren't always fond of pictures anymore and they are busy with school and friends. Often on the weekends, it is just Mia, Bryan, and I. I guess it is a bit of a foreshadow to our future. As hard as that is sometimes, I am happy, because they are happy (at least for the moment all is good :-)). I call Mia my sticker - because she is always with me - my little buddy. She gets out of school around lunchtime each day, so we have lots of time together - which is great! Camden is doing well (although - no pictures to include :-(. He just started soccer, after taking the winter season off. He is excited for High School in the Fall (and I am excited to narrow our lives down to 2 schools - instead of 3 :-)). Bailey is also doing well. She had such a fun time with Basketball Cheerleading and is now playing soccer. She has a great group of friends and seems to really be enjoying high school!
This is the cute face that still doesn't mind having her picture taken :-)

Mia at a grass Labrinth in Bamberg. We were walking home to our apartment one night and discovered this :-)

We were in Bamberg with Mia (Bailey and Cam were with friends) a week ago to pick up a couch that we got off ebay. After all of the sweat and tears (O.K. no tears, but the couch was truly a comical sight to be seen - Bryan and I lifted it up 3 flights of a narrow staircase into our apartment :-). This is around the corner from our place.

And right next to the Church, (conveniently for Bryan :-)) sits 2 Breweries with delicious traditional German food and an Eis Cafe (Ice Cream Shop) to boot. I took this picture of a poster in one of the Breweries. This is how many Breweries are in our small region  (even though we live in Oberpfalz now, I still consider myself Franken :-)). It is said to have the greatest concentration of Breweries in the World!

This is the couch that we lifted 3 flights of stairs by ourselves - in hindsight - it was hilarious (but didn't seem so funny as we were bringing it up :-)) 

Mia decorating our Easter Tree.

Bailey's Cheering award Banquet. She had a such a nice team this year, I am so glad that she seems to have found her niche in this school! I also laugh (and  totally cringe at the same time). Notice the food on the table (all plastic stuff to throw away). This definitely would not happen off the base - NEVER in a million years!! So different.

A great group of girls!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment