Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Rovinj, Croatia

Rovinj is a well known town on the Coast. It was probably the most touristy place that we went that week - but even so, it didn't really seem too touristy at all. It is a beautiful little place with oodles of character!

Cuba is in the news a lot now for being so untouched by time (and commercialism). I definitely felt like this part of Croatia had that similar vibe. You would see adorable old cars like this, Wild Goats crossing the street, people doing everything by hand etc. It was quite refreshing and so neat to see!

This little fella found a yummy fish to munch on :-)

The is the City of Rovinj (The Church Bell Tower dominates the view)

All of the colors were so cool!

It was great to get so many family pictures this trip!!!

I was excited to see this Picasso exhibit sign. The same exhibit had already made it through our little town  in Germany earlier this year and Mia's class went to see it. 

Lots of the scenery reminded me of Venice (which is just across the Adiratic)

Mia being goofy :-)

We did not see much extravagant wealth on this trip - but this boat definitely stood out. It was from the Caribbean and was fun to look at :-). I think I prefer the little blue boat in the picture above though :-)

Such a great group of kids!!!

Sometimes - you just wish that you can freeze time!!!

 

I loved our little (Ok 12 might not be so little :-)) travel group!!!

This was the bell tower climb. With no liability in Europe, the tower steps are sometimes quite interesting. Everyone did great though and made it to the top!

And the view....

was....

spectacular!!!

3 cute girls at the top!!!

Such a beautiful....

place!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment