Have I bored you to death yet? I just really want to preserve all of our memories - I don't want to forget a thing! Sorry :-)
We woke up fairly early and wanted to go see this huge race that we saw set up the night before. There were monsterous tents set up, so I assumed it was going to be a huge Marathon. It was so funny because right before it started, there were a bunch of Harley Davidson Motorcycles leading the way and then a camera man on the back of a car and then the starting shot went off (surely this was going to be a huge race). We were near the beginning, but around a corner, so we didn't see the runners at all until they ran by us. With the proffessionalism of all of it, I expected some super fast runners, and then this guy came by in the lead wearing jeans (definitely not marathon material). It ended up being a "Fun run" on a Friday Morning (I wondered why these people weren't at work???). It was so cute though because there were over 4000 runners and many had on funny costumes. The funniest thing though was as a huge chunk of them ran by, they would see us, wave and say "Hello" in English - too funny!
After the race, we walked a while along the river to a cable car that goes over the river into another area. It was so pretty and really neat. We then walked around in Liberation Square and shopped and ate for the rest of the afternoon. Camden wanted Kentucky Fried Chicken (yes - he is the pickiest kid I know eating western food (let alone Chinese Food) and so he was so happy to have something to eat that he liked). In the evening, 2 reporters came to our apartment and interviewed Mia about her return trip to China - yikes! I'm still not quite sure how they found out about us, but I guess they were happy that Mia wanted to come back to see about her Chinese Heritage. It was pretty neat. Mia felt a little shy at first, but when they left she said "that was so much fun!" She definitely came more to peace with everything on this trip -it was so fun to watch her!
 |
| Runners in jeans... it was so funny, because we were geared up to see serious Marathon runners :-) |
 |
| So many of them came by and said "hello" and waved! |
 |
| The kids got their picture taken with the Hells Angels (just kidding) - it was just a Chinese Motorcycle group - so funny! |
 |
| waiting for the cable car to arrive - such a pretty view across the Yagntze River... |
 |
| They cram quite a few people on - a little nerve racking :-) |
 |
| Before the crowd piled on... |
 |
| so pretty! |
 |
| We had so much fun! |
 |
| This is the Liberation Square area (they call it the Times Square of Chongqing) |
 |
| And this is the main monument in the back ground :-) We came here the first time we were in China too, but were able to wander around and explore much longer this time... |
 |
| Camden had KFC, but we had Wonton Soup for lunch :-) The spices are what make it so good! |
 |
| This was the only incident of crime we saw the entire trip - right outside the KFC, an undercover cop arrested a man for drug sales. I think the guy was on drugs too at the time. The police were very proffessional though and even had the arrest filmed for proof. Definitely a bit of excitement to add to our lunch! |
 |
| Mia's interview - Yikes! |
No comments:
Post a Comment