Friday, June 12, 2015

China Trip - End (Finally) :-)

Our last day was spent just trying to take it all in one last time. We did a bit of last minute shopping and eating. Bryan and I dicovered a massage place in a small mall below our apartment. That in itself was quite a funny experience. I have never in my life had such a strong massage. Bryan had bruises on his back afterwards and I stood 3 inches taller  - Did I mention not one word of English was spoken - it was absolutely hysterical!

We were all so sad to leave. I think the trip was everything and more that I could have hoped for Mia (and for all of us). The most important thing that came out of it though, is the biggest reason we came back in the first place... Now, when Mia closes her eyes, she can envision the sights, smells, and feelings of where she came from. She learned so much about the culture through our new friends, and she can envision (to some degree) what life in China is like for a 10 year old. We will definitely go back again.





Our family at Mia's Social Welfare Center (orphanage) It was so special to spend some time where Mia lived 10 months of her life. Behind us (and below) is the courtyard where the only pictures of Mia were taken when she was there... 

No comments:

Post a Comment