Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Bamberg Christmas Market

The crowds were not bad at all!

I adore the "natural" decorations

I love the "stars" too!

Bailey ordered a "snickers" crepe - delicious!!!

This year they have a "Rauchbier Gluhwein" Rauch Bier is what has made Bamberg famous in the bier world.

Bailey's photo :-)

Cozy feeling of Christmas!!!
Bryan, Bailey, Camden and I spent the afternoon at the permanent Seasonal Christmas Market in Bamberg. Mia was making Plachen (did not spell that correctly, but basically it is an array of German Christmas cookies) at a friends' house. It was the first time in forever that she was not with us when we were out as a family - a very weird feeling not to have her there. Anyway, we had a nice afternoon taking in all of the stalls at the Market, and enjoyed a very light dusting of snow fall as well. I love the snow - even if it is freezing cold, there is something special about snow! Each year, the set up is similar. Our favorite gluhwein stand can always be found in the same place, as well as the crepes stand, and candy stand. For the ambiance, you would think everything would priced quite high, but everything is extremely reasonable, and allows for the ability of multiple family visits throughout the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment