Mia at Breakfast: "Why do Bailey and Daddy not have school or work today?"
Me: "It is Martin Luther King Jr Day".... "Do you know who MLK jr was?"
Mia: "yes, we learned about him in our school." (I have to say, I was quite surprised that she would have learned about him in German school)
Mia: "We even had to draw a picture of him in Religion"
My reaction ???????????? .... and then it hit me - she was talking about Martin Luther - big difference :-)
Me: You have MLK jr confused with Martin Luther. MLK jr. was a black man who fought for equality
Mia: "Oh yes - I know him - he was one of the 3 Kings" (one of the 3 Kings was supposedly Black)
Me: Huge smile - trying not to laugh
* Such a sweet, innocent, and funny conversation at the breakfast table ....
No comments:
Post a Comment