Monday, October 27, 2014

Weekend in Bamberg

We try to go back to Bamberg as often as possible. It is a little tricky though with the kids sports schedule. The football Season has ended though and Camden had a break in soccer, so were able to go back last weekend. Both Bailey and Camden had an invitation to spend 2 nights at different friends houses, so it was just Bryan, Bailey , and I at our apartment for the weekend. I don't think Bailey was too thrilled at first (spending the weekend with her parents ;-), but she ended up having a really nice time too (sans Siblings :-)).   Oh how I love Bamberg (have I mentioned that before??? :-)). We got there Friday evening, dropped Camden and Mia off at their respective friends and then rode bikes to our other friends' house for dinner. Biking is definitely the best way to go...  On Saturday, we woke up and went to a few of our favorite shops and then out to Lunch at one of the Breweries near our apartment. Then we walked to another Cafe to meet up with another group of friends. A couple of those friends invited us to Schlenkerla for a Bock Bier (a specially brewed batch of beer that they offer here this time of year). We walked home, watched a movie. Slept in a little on Sunday (because the time changed already here), and then went for a run with Bryan and a friend. The entire time too, I knew that Mia and Camden were also having fun - which made the weekend even that much better. Have I mentioned I love Bamberg???? :-)

Bailey and Bryan at Keesmann

Outside of the Restaurant - so cute!

Outside of the Wunderburg Church was this car waiting for a wedding party - so cute!!! My friend was married in this same church 65 years ago - cute to think the same type of car may have waited for them back then!

The Wunderburg area of town...

The had pumpkin carving in the downtown for the kids. Halloween is slowly becoming a "holiday" here. It isn't in full swing yet, but slowly....

I feel so at home when I am in Bamberg!

Inside the Schlenkerla Brewery. Such Character! Look at the ceilings!

Friends!!!

Bock Beer - every Brewery has a special batch of beer that they make this time of year called Bock Beer. When it runs out, it runs out ...

Inside the Brewery - Bamberg is a Catholic town for sure!!!

As we left the Brewery and started walking home, I took this photo. Have I mentioned I love Bamberg?

No comments:

Post a Comment