Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Schnitzel Thursday
Thursday evening is by far my favorite night of the week. I think just the idea that Thursday is coming, helps to sustain me through the earlier part of the week. Thursday is the lone evening, when we have no other activities. Our calendar is blank on that evening, and back in September, our tradition began. We don't really watch random TV over here, but we have found 2 shows that our family LOVES to watch. They must come on in the US on Wednesday, and we are able to watch them on Thursday (on our computer). We always pick up schnitzel sandwiches from a local "imbiss", and then we gather in the living room to watch "Modern Family" and "The Middle." We LOVE these shows, and the continuity kind of reminds me of watching "the Cosby Show" as a kid. It is a monstrous disappointment when the previous night (Wednesday) in the US,. was a Presidential Debate or State of the Union - our special evening ends up being not so special. I adore Thursday evenings, and I hope we always remember Schnitzel Thursdays....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi! Just found your blog through another adoptive chinese family. We just started our journey. Funny the first post I read of yours is about Schnitzel. We are having it for lunch today. My husband is from Germany and my children loe Schnitzel. How long have you been living in Germany? I can't wait to read through your older post. Kelleyn
ReplyDelete